Established in 1914, Pleasure Point Marina is the second oldest continually operated Marina in Big Bear. Opened in 1914 as “Belt’s Boat House” and was owned by Bob and Cora Belt. In 1926, Ted Tidwell married the widow Cora Belt, they changed the name to Pleasure Point Marina and the anem of the Marina has continued through the years. The Marina was operated as a business and was widely known as a camp for fisherman. In 1942, Ray and Jean Sharpe purchased the property. In 1979, George and Lani Pivaroff, purchased Pleasure Point Marina from Ray Sharp, Jr. In 2003, Don Nydam, Roy Brownie, and Ron Lerg purchased the property for $2 million from George and Lani Pivaroff. While there are a lot of stories about cowboy legends, Roy Rogers and Dale Eans owning Pleasure Point Marina, they are not accurate. Rogers and Dale Evans did own property on Cienega, a street near the Marina, they were business partners with Roy and Jean Sharpe in other ventures, Pleasure Point was not one of them.
The Friendliest Marina on Big Bear Lake
Featuring a luxury fleet of pontoon boats, factory trained and certified repair technician, new facilities, three repair bays, as well as a full service bait house.
We pride ourselves in being a sought out destination for fishing and boating on Big Bear Lake.
Located only two hours away from most Southern California cities makes for an affordable and quick getaway from the city.